I tried a new recipe for pancakes.
I made a few small ones to test the quality. Triston approved so then I moved on to the giant pancakes.
They turned out light and fluffy and crisp on the outside.
If you want to try them the recipe is:
- 2 cups self-raising flour,(290 g | 10 oz)
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar or sweetener, (60g | 2 oz)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 3/4 cups milk, (440ml) room temperature
- 1/4 cup butter, (60g | 2 oz) melted (measure then melt)
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 1 large egg room temperature
- Combine the dry ingredients in a bowl
- In a separate bowl, add milk and stir in vanilla and butter. Once combined beat in the egg.
- Stir until just combined, small lumps are expected large lumps of flour should be gently removed.
- Set aside while you heat the pan (the mix should be rested) to medium low.
- Butter the pan and pour the mix in.
- Fry on one side until it moves freely around the pan when you shake it (or until golden underneath) and then flip and fry on the other side until it is golden as well.